Sunday, July 1, 2012

John Locke

Finally, after the blogpost on Baileys' situation I feel that I can blog normally again. This is just a rough sketch on an experimental portrait of mine. It's John Locke, from the tv-series LOST.

John Locke is the link between good and bad in Lost, and in Clair's dream he was pictured with one totally black eye and one white. The story of "The Man in Black and Jacob", or, the everlasting ongoing fight on earth, is also told through the game Backgammon John plays with Walt on the Island. I figured it would do a neat portrait to do John Locke in blue/white light versus red light/sharp shadows. As a touch I'm doing his eyes black and white. I'm looking forward to seeing how it will develop, and I hope that the colored light-practise will help me develop my skills.

Photoshop, btw. 4000 x 4000px. Still just a mere Sketch. No lights, rarely any shadows. No details yet.

7 comments :

Julie said...

Thank you, Amelie is happy about the congratulations ;)
Of course you can do this. It's really not special, but thanks that you like it :D

Senace said...

Intressant och se när den är klar!

Fainting Spell said...

I don't watch Lost, but I know the actor... and... Wow! I wanna see finished! I bet that it will be great! O.O

Lisen said...

Kult! Sitter å ser på deg på tv. Så kult! Det må jo være deg som er sånn brud i blinde? :P

Catharina said...

Jeg ser frem til å få tid til å gjøre mer med den, ikke minst.

Lisen: hah, det kan stemme det, ja!

Lene said...

Damn girl, you are GOOD!

sv: Hvem vet, hvem vet? Å om ikke å du er i Oslo for whichever reason er det bare å si ifra :D

Gabriel said...

Easily recognizable as John Locke. Nice! Hope to see the finished version soon.